I thought I would list the most useful things I have bought/been given for Boo. There are so many thing out there, and unfortunately we have fallen victim to a few things which turned out to be pretty much a waste of money, but these things have been essential and/or well worth the money. I have also thrown in a couple of my favourite things.
1. Millions and millions of muslin clothes, they are amazing, moping up sick, spills, faces etc. I also use them on the changing mat so Boo does get a cold shock! They were a godsend in the early days of poo-explosions.
2. Lansinoh Nippple Cream – It actually works miracles, I mean honestly. I am so glad I bought it, I was a bit dubious about the price, but nope, worth every penny.
3. Car seat Snuggle Liner – no idea what these are really called, but Boo was born in December so it was chilly! and this meant we could keep her warm in the car especially as it doubled up as a carrier. And we didn’t have to worry about not being able to tighten the straps enough, as they go through this.
4. ELC Sensory Ball Pit, amazing and suitable from 6 months, my only bugbear about this is that it only came with 20 balls which look a tad bit pathetic lying in the middle of ball pool, so we bought an extra 100 balls and that fits I feel. Boo loves this and will crawl in and out of it now and she actually chooses to sit in it and play/watch tv.
5. Vtech First Steps Walker – Boo definitely prefers this to her ‘sit-in’ walker and it was a bargain reduced to half price and when I got to the till there was another £5 off it, I love a bargain. It works well on our wooden floor as well as the large rugs we have and Boo loves to play with the detachable front too.
6. Foam play mats – great, (and bought them when they were half price too) very useful on wooden floors when you have a baby who had just learn to sit/stand and is still very wobbley. I just like the nice bright colours too.
7. Bright Coloured Hats – I love bright colours and there is something so cute about a baby wearing a big bright floppy sunhat, I bought my favourite from JoJo Maman BeBe and Boo wears it everywhere, I will be sad when the sunshine disappears.
8. My recent Cherub Chews breastfeeding necklace from Burble Baby – reviewed here.
9. Ikea Antilop High Chair – cheap, oh my so cheap and amazing, wipe clean so good, essential if you are going to enjoy the fun that is baby led weaning =)
10. BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Active – Amazing, Boo loves this especially when it is daddy who is going to carry her in it, great for walking around when she gets bored with the pram. Boo gets visibly excited when she can see us putting the carrier on. (I can’t believe this is one of the only pictures we have of Boo in the carrier, need to rectify this!!)
I am sure there are lots of other things that have been really useful too, but those where the things that come to mind more or less instantly.